Staff Accountant Intern
Provides management with financial information by researching and analyzing accounts; preparing financial statements.
- Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments
- Maintains and balances an automated consolidation system by inputting data; scheduling required jobs; verifying data
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Provides accounting support for mergers and acquisitions by reviewing financial information; converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- 4-year College Degree
If you are interested in applying, please send your resume' and cover letter to Tim Jones via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the "Job Title" in the subject line.